Friday, April 15, 2011

That's Right Bitches; It's Gonna Be A Long Series

Folks, I almost died when Semin scored in overtime Wednesday night. I felt as if a large pouch of poison had suddenly ruptured inside my chest, leaving me gasping for breath and questioning existence.

BUT FOLKS!!!

Everything is going to be OKAY. At least that's what I believe. We held the Caps scoreless for two periods, and then we scored 1st, and it was off a beautiful setup borne of hard work and a Gravey performance from Prust.

The goal Ovechtrick got was garbage, and could have been prevented if Staal had shoved him out of the way sooner (but how can you blame the guy that plays 30+ minutes?).

The goal with two minutes left in overtime? A product of another Ranger mistake, which was a result of physical and mental exhaustion.

Basically the Caps can't score when the Rangers are on top of playing their game, and so the Caps' worst fears were confirmed on Wednesday night: they are going to have to work extra extra hard to beat this blue collar Ranger team, and that is not something I believe the Caps are designed to do. The Rangers however are, because they've been doing it all season.

This is gonna be a great series, and I bet the kids can't wait to get back on the ice and take what they have learned from their 1st playoff experience and put it to work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment