Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Cannot Believe My Eyes

When Rupp scored I jumped out of my seat.
When McDonagh scored I raised my fists up to eye level and shook them conservatively.
When Boyle scored I stared with my mouth open... motionless.
When Gaborik scored I really just didn't know what to do with myself at all.

How did this happen? The answer is simple: Henrik Lundqvist was in the zone, and when the King is in the zone, he is a living god. Nothing worked for Vancouver. By the end of the game the Canucks would find themselves staring at a score board that read shots 40, and goals 0 for the home team.
Manny Malhotra (who I love) said during the 2nd intermission that they were doing a good job and just needed to stick with the plan..... No luck there!
Unreal. McDonagh, unreal. Just so exciting to see the young players making things happen. Many have been upset (and understandably so) about the injury of Marc Staal, but I have been saying since preseason that these experiences for the kids are priceless and will pay off in the future. Whatever D man goes to Hartford when Staal returns will be so much the wiser than if they'd been there since the season's start.
Good good good. That's all I have to say... that and: we'd sure be dangerous if we could stop taking penalties!!!

OH! I almost forgot to mention: isn't it interesting that MSG failed to mention that we shut out the Canucks the last time we played them too? 1-0 at the Garden? They haven't scored a goal against us in two years.... (:

-|\/|arbar

No comments:

Post a Comment